Brett A. Sokolow, J.D.
President & CEO
About Brett Sokolow
Brett Sokolow is the founder, president and CEO of The NCHERM Group, a national multidisciplinary risk management consulting and law firm with more than 3,000 clients. He is recognized for his national leadership on systems-level solutions for safer schools and campuses. He serves frequently as an expert witness in all manner of litigation affecting colleges and universities.
Sokolow serves as outside counsel/advisor to thirty-five colleges and universities, and is a risk management consultant, author, editor, and higher education attorney licensed by the PA and NJ bars. In addition, Sokolow serves as Executive Director of both NaBITA (The National Behavioral Intervention Team Association) and ATIXA (The Association of Title IX Administrators), and is the founder and an advisory
board member of SCOPE (the School and College Organization for Prevention Educators). He serves in the advisory boards of the National Hazing Prevention Collaborative and the NASPA Enough is Enough Campaign.
Sokolow has been interviewed on CNN, and has been featured in Newsweek, TIME Magazine, The Wall Street Journal, ABC News, The Chronicle of Higher Education, USA Today, the Boston Globe and many other media outlets.
Through NCHERM, Sokolow provides specialized consulting, seminars, training and publications on:
- Sexual Misconduct
- Civil Rights Investigations
- Conduct Training and Conduct Code Development
- Behavioral Intervention and Threat Assessment
- Disruptive Students and Psychological Distress
- Culture Change Initiatives
- Strategic Prevention
- Preventive Law and Risk Management
- Campus Safety and Security
- Sexual Harassment
- Problem Drinking
- Student Organizations Risk Management
- Federal Statutory Compliance (Title IX, Clery, FERPA, 504, etc.)
- …and more